Master of law, University of Lausanne
Attorney at Law admitted to the bar
Of Portuguese origin, Claudia Couto was born in 1987 in Lausanne. After obtaining a Bachelor in Swiss law, in 2009, she worked as a clerk in the labour Court of Lausanne and in the Cantonal Administration labour Court. Simultaneously, Claudia Couto obtained, with “magna cum laude” mention, a Master in Swiss law, which she decided to center on litigation law and on social law.
After graduating, Claudia Couto also worked for several years as a clerk in the Arrondissement Court of Lausanne, in the family law Chamber, the pecuniary affairs Chamber and prosecution law Chamber. She then joined, still as a clerk, the Cantonal Patrimonial Chamber.
Bulding on her various experiences in courts, Claudia Couto completed her lawyer traineeship in the law office Leximmo and passed the bar exam in 2016. Since then, she has been practicing as an attorney-at-law in that same office.
In parallel with her work as a lawyer, Claudia Couto also serves as a judge in the Prud’hommes Court of Vevey.
Languages: French, Portuguese and English.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Although she has pursued a diversified and multidisciplinary professional career, Claudia Couto has developed a particular interest for real estate law, especially in its civil aspects (real estate sales, warranties, servitudes, legal mortgages, etc.). Nonetheless she remains a general lawyer and also practices family law, contract law, civil liability law, as well as criminal law.
Above all else in search of the best solution for her clients, Claudia Couto is close and attentive to them; she offers them quality advice, a keen sense of analysis and a significant availability; she supports them through all the necessary steps to defend their interests.
- Judge in the Prud’hommes Court of Vevey (since 2019)
- Attorney-at-law at Leximmo Avocats (since 2017)
- Lawyer training at Leximmo Avocats (2014-2016)
- Clerk at the Cantonal Patrimonial Chamber (2013-2014)
- Clerk at the Arrondissement Court of Lausanne, Family Law Chamber, Pecuniary affairs Chamber, and Prosecution law Chamber (2011-2013)
- Ad hoc clerk at the Labor Chamber of the District Court of Lausanne and at the Cantonal Administration labour Court (2010-2011)
- Master in Law from University of Lausanne (2009-2011)
- Bachelor in Law from University of Lausanne (2006-2009)
ONGOING TRAINING RECENT
- Procédure pénale et administrative, Séminaire de l’Ordre des avocats vaudois, février 2019.
- Journées suisses du droit de la construction, UNIFR, 31 janvier – 1er février 2019.
- LPPPL et LATC révisée: Bilan et perspectives, CVI, 13 juin 2018
- Procédure pénale et administrative, Séminaire de l’Ordre des avocats vaudois, 2017.
- Journées suisses du droit de la construction, Université de Fribourg, 26-27 janvier 2017.
- Procédure civile, Séminaire de l’Ordre des avocats vaudois, septembre 2016.
- La procédure de recours au Tribunal fédéral, Séminaire de formation de l’association Avocates à la barre (ALBA), mai 2016.
- Procédure pénale, Séminaire de l’Ordre des avocats vaudois, février 2016.
- Les procédures sommaires en droit du bail, SVIT Swiss Real Estate School, février 2016.
- Procédure civile, Séminaire de l’Ordre des avocats vaudois, septembre 2015.
- Procédure pénale, Séminaire de l’Ordre des avocats vaudois, février 2015.
- Member of the Bar Association of Vaud (OAV);
- Member of the Swiss Bar Association (FSA);